Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Mistletoe Trot 10K Race Recap


Saturday, my favorite running partner and I ran the 2012 Mistletoe Trot 10K in Leesburg. This was our second time running it, and it's one of our favorite races. I have to say it was definitely a lot more organized than the first time we ran it in 2010. Back then it took forever to get through the awards, and they ran out of drinks and food.

We got there around 7:15 for an 8:00 am start. The weather was overcast and a bit chilly, but that made for a nice cool race. We got to the start and chatted with a few of the other runners. I have to say that for the most part runners are some of the most friendly people. We didn't get much of a warning, before we all were off and running.

I really wasn't worried about my time or where I would finish. Basically, I was just using this as my last long run before my marathon next week. We decided to take the 3/1 approach, and we talked the entire run. The views of the gorgeous houses on this run are amazing. It's a very nice route going around a lake twice in an extremely nice neighborhood.

Before I knew it, we were rounding the curve at the 6 mile mark, and I felt awesome. I didn't feel like I overly pushed myself throughout the race, so once I made that turn for the last .2 miles, I decided to step it up and go. Kerri and I finished at the exact same time, 1:09:03, which for me was almost a 4 minute PR from my last time of 1:12:45. I had been feeling a bit low on the running motivation lately, and this race put me back in the game!!!! This will definitely stay on our list of races.

2 comments: