Friday, May 10, 2013

Innersense Color Awakening Hairbath Review



I was given the opportunity to review an organic shampoo for color treated hair called Innersense Color Awakening Hairbath. I have never had the opportunity to try and organic shampoo, so I was really excited to try it. The Innersense website provides a great description of this product. 

Color awakening hairbath is a gentle cleansing shampoo for color treated hair. Hand Crafted from Certified Organic and Bio Dynamic ingredients of coconut and palm oils, pumpkin seed and shea butter to provides luxurious cleansing. Sunflower Seed extracts, a natural anti-oxidant, protects color from fading and adds glorious shine. Color Awakening Hair Bath leaves the hair naturally clean, healthy and awakened without residue or dryness.

I decided I would try it for at least a week, so I could give an honest opinion of the shampoo, but I have to say, while I think it's a really good shampoo, it's not my absolute favorite. I do wonder, though, if I had the same kind of conditioner if my experience may have been a little different.

Pros - 

  • It smells awesome. It has a nice citrusy fragrance that envelops you as soon as you open the bottle
  • It lathers very nicely, and you don't need to use a lot
  • I was having a dandruff issue that cleared up within a few days
  • My hair color did appear to stay bright and long lasting
Cons - 
  • While my scalp was no longer dry, my actual hair was very dry
  • My hair didn't not feel as soft as it does with my normal shampoo
  • It's a bit pricey, even at Vitacost low price of $15.99. Other stores are selling it for $20
Overall, I think this is a pretty good shampoo and I would give it a B+.  Realistically, though, I'm not sure I would spend that much on it. 


This review was made possible by Vitacost. The thoughts expressed are my own. I received a bottle of Innersense Color Awakening Hairbath for my time investment and work on this campaign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment