Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Summer Virtual Run

Toni over at Running, Loving, Living decided to host an awesome Summer Virtual Run. I was so excited to enter, that I signed up to do both the 5k and the 10k. I thought, hey it fits into my training plan, and I have a full week to do both, so what the heck. Anyone who knows me knows I absolutely love virtual runs/races.



My excitement was short lived though when the weekend before the virtual run I hurt my shoulder. Now for those of you naysayers that say well it's your shoulder not your leg, you can still run, this pain was a throbbing pain that went from my shoulder all the way down my arm, and it hurt all the time. I was afraid of jarring it and making it hurt even more. Head hanging low, I emailed Toni Sunday night to let her know that I wasn't able to complete the run in time. She emailed me right back to let me know that I had until Wednesday to get my time in, so if I could complete it before then I was good to go. Well I knew the 10k was still out, but I had a 3 mile speedwork run scheduled for Tuesday - perfect.

Me before the run :)
Since I'm not a great morning person, and had plans after work, lunch run on the treadmill it was. I just started speedwork a month ago, so I'm still getting the hang of it. Let me tell you, this was my best run ever!!! First I warmed up with a 1 min walk and a 4 min slow run. Next came my intervals - 3 mins running and 1 min walking. I pushed harder and faster than I ever had before and it felt AWESOME!!!! 3.1 miles in 26:48!!!!!! I guess the week off did me good :)


Thanks again, Toni for hosting this awesome run. All my readers, make sure you go over and say hi. Tell her I sent you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment