Monday, May 14, 2012

Week 3 Marathon Training

I'm going to have to say it was another pretty successful week in training.  I was even able to incorporate some yoga during the week, which I have to say was definitely needed. I didn't realize how tight my muscles were, and how much better I felt, both physically and mentally when I was done. I have been using My Yoga Online and I love it. Very convenient! I definitely need to stay consistent with it. Not only will it help me stay sane, I think it will make me a better runner. I also started a DVD challenge for May, so I'm going to be doing 30 Day Shred every week day. I'm leaving Saturday as a rest day, and since Sunday is my long run, I really didn't want to overuse my muscles that day. Here's a wrap up of what I did this week -

Monday - 30 Day Shred Level 1
Tuesday - 30 Day Shred Level 1, yoga, ran 4.37 miles
Wednesday - bowling (didn't get up early thinking I could do 30 Day Shred in the evening - but we went bowling instead)
Thursday - 30 Day Shred Level 1, yoga, ran 3 miles
Friday - Field trip to a nature park with my youngest,  30 Day Shred Level 1
Saturday - rest day
Sunday - 6 mile trail run (very hot out, so it was a hard, slow run, but I still enjoyed it :) )







Things were good on the homefront this week. We had a meeting on Wednesday with Ryan's guidance counselors for his to continue his gifted IEP (education plan) into high school, and I was able to see what classes he needed to take at school, and which ones I am going to have him do through virtual school. Ryan had his talent show Friday, and came in 4th place using music that they composed themselves, and then had a Steel Drum Music Performance Assessment with his school's steel drum band, and they scored superior, which is the highest rating.

Ryan's on the left :)

I also, I got a call from Hunter's school saying that he was picked as Kiwanis's Terrific Kid of the Month, so we got to go to a luncheon for him on Wednesday.







No comments:

Post a Comment