Stuffed Pepper Casserole
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90% or leaner)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1½ Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 24 oz jar of organic reduced-sugar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup reduced-fat, shredded Italian 4 cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2.25 qt casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown lean ground beef with green pepper, red pepper, onion and minced garlic.
- Drain excess fat from meat mixture.
- Return ground beef, peppers and onion mixture to skillet. Add oregano, Stir in cooked brown rice and spaghetti sauce. Stir ingredients until evenly combined.Transfer meat and sauce to casserole dish. Cover casserole evenly with cheese.
- Bake casserole for 20-25 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
Per Serving (1 cup):
Calories from fat: 85
Saturated Fat: 3g