Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Motherhood - the most challenging job

Today started out great, got up early, ran/walked 3 miles. My body was still tired from Jillian Michael's kicking my butt the day before in 30 Day Shred Level 2. My body wanted to stop at 1 mile, but my mind wouldn't allow it - I convinced myself that I wasn't allowed to quit early. I planned to do 3 miles and I wasn't stopping until I did. I'm very proud of myself for that. The next 30 minutes went great, did some sit ups and push ups, started getting ready for work, but that is where my day took a turn for the worst.

I love both my boys with all my heart, and wouldn't trade them for the world. That said, my younger son is quite a challenge. He lives in extremes; he either is very happy, or he is extremely angry/sad. Today was a bad day for him. I tried to wake him up to go to summer camp, and he said he was tired. It took me ten minutes to even really get a response from him about what he wanted for breakfast, which he claimed he had already told me and wasn't going to tell me again. Well that was the foreboding for how the rest of the morning went. From that point on it went from screaming matches to fights of crying. Finally, breakfast was made, and then he found out his brother was not going to camp with him and got to stay home; that brought on more crying. By the time I dropped him off, I was already exhausted, which I still am.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about my son. I'm sure he is going to make a great attorney one day, with how stubborn and convincing he is. But sometimes I just cannot deal with his extreme moods, and anger fits. I do not want to put him on meds because I don't want him to be a zombie, so I spent all day searching for homeopathic/natural remedies to help him. Now I am more confused then ever, one website will say this is great and it works, the next will say that it is not safe for kids. Trust me, I do not want to put anything into my child's body that is not good for him, so where do I go from here? This behavior is not good for him or us, but I don't think meds are the answer just yet. Oh, I forgot to mention, I think part of his problem is he isn't a good sleeper. And who isn't very cranky if they don't get enough sleep. So, I continue my quest to find something natural that will help.  I am almost desperate. He is almost 9 years old, and has always been a challenge, even when he was in the womb. I was 8 mths pregnant when I started having contractions, and he waited until his due date to come out. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment