Sunday, July 24, 2011

I did it! I did it!

Ok, so I'm tooting my own horn tonite! :) As I mentioned, last week was tough, and I was cranky, etc., etc. What I really needed was another run - My schedule called for Mon - XT, Tues - run, Wed - XT, Thurs - run. Well, Tuesday I didn't get up before work to run, and at the end of the day was just not feeling a run, so instead I did Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I swear, she kicks my butt harder than a run any day. On Wednesday, I was exhausted, and again didn't get up before work to do anything. By the end of the day, I was feeling really guilty that I hadn't run yet, so I did a 3 mile run - woot woot, felt great. Thursday, overly exhausted, so all I got in was a swim in the evening. Friday became a rest day, ugh!! So that left only a Tuesday run that week - boo! So, Jenn and I made a pack that we would encourage each other to do what we planned on Saturday.

Well Saturday brought having my car in to be re-serviced at 8 am. I set my alarm, I was so determined to get up and run before I went, but Friday night was not fun, and it was really late by the time I fell asleep, so yup you guessed it, alarm was changed and no run was accomplished that morning. Ugh, what an epic fail - I totally felt like a complete failure. Luckily, I was in and out of the dealership in 45 mins. I came home and cleaned the house, still ticked off at myself for not running that morning. I thought for sure I would not get my run in. Luckily, I ended up with some time at the end of day, and I did it, I got my run in, and to top it off I exceeded my goal. I wanted to do 4 miles, which was the longest I have run since my 1/2 marathon in March. I told myself I was not stopping until I did 4 miles. I paced myself with a slower run and did 3/1's (For those who don't know, that means 3 mins running, 1 minute walking) and I was so proud of myself, I pushed myself past 4 miles. I felt like I was dying, but I told myself it's only 1 more mile, you can do it. And guess what? I did!!! Woot woot, tooting my own horn. Sorry, but it is a great accomplishment for me to talk myself out of stopping.

Sundays are my day to run with my run with my youngest son, but we both slept in and when we woke up he didn't want to run, but he did want to play tennis. So, out the door we went and played for 30 minutes. I still wanted to get in the normal 2 miles that we usually do together. My day was filled with errands, but I was able to get my 2 miles in at the end of the day. I'm hoping that this determination will continue and I will continue to encourage (force) myself to complete my scheduled workouts. I don't know why it's so hard for me to do my workouts, I know it's good for me and I actually do enjoy each and every one of them, even if they are hard. So what is my problem? Am I lazy, or do I not get enough sleep? I'd like to think I'm not lazy, I work full time, take care of a household and a family, and I also go to school part time. To me that doesn't constitute laziness, but does make me tired, which requires sleep to compensate, and honestly I don't think I get what I need. So where's the solution?  I want to be able to work out before work, it's really too hot to do it after, but yet, I wanted to feel rested. Any suggestions on how to sleep better?

No comments:

Post a Comment