Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Review of the book A Day to Remember



I had the complete pleasure to review a book written by one of my awesome friends, Lydia Richmond. It's called A Day to Remember and it chronicles a few days in the lives of a group of five preteen friends, Annie, Katie, Tara, Angela and Beth. It starts out with the typical activities of normal best friends, but ends up with a heartfelt story of a decision that they will remember forever. 

As I read this book, I really enjoyed going back in time to when I was about their age and the enjoyment I had with my best friends as we spent our long summer days together. My two boys did also read the story for review, and while they thought it was a great story, it was a little too girlie for them....... so I suggest this book for your girl readers. P.S..... They wouldn't allow me to take a picture of them reading, they were afraid it would hurt their image. :) 

Not only was the book awesome, the illustrations were great. You can check out the illustrator, Richard Armada, here. This is Lydia's first book of many, as I hear through the grapevine that she already has a second adventure planned for this group of friends. She has been blogging for a while over at Cluttered Genius, and tweets as @lydsrich. Make sure when you're over at her blog you check out her daughter Miss Sassy Pants's weekly post, it's really cute!! 



Ready to purchase this awesome book, you can find it on Amazon or Booklocker. Also, come help her celebrate her first book at her twitter party she's hosting on August 7th at 9 pm EST; she'll be using the hashtag  #BFFsRemember. 

No comments:

Post a Comment