Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1¾ cups and 2 tablespoons tortilla strips
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, diced
- 15-ounce can reduced sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12-ounces frozen corn
- 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- Two, 10-ounce cans Ro*Tel® Original Mile Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 4.5-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1-ounce less sodium taco seasoning
- 32-ounces Pacific® Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ¾ cup Fresh Gourmet® Lightly Salted Tortilla Strips
- reduced-fat sour cream
- sliced Jalapeño peppers
- reduced-fat Mexican shredded cheese
- cilantro, chopped
- lime wedges
- *Optional toppings are not included in nutritional calculations.
- Place the chicken on the bottom of slow cooker.
- Add the onion, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chilies, taco seasoning, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and mix well.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and, garnish with 2 tablespoons of the tortilla strips.
Per Serving (1¾ cups and 2 tablespoons tortilla strips):
Taken from http://www.skinnymom.com/skinny-crock-pot-chicken-tortilla-soup/