Thursday, October 8, 2015
Tasteful Thursday - Cauliflower Pizza
Makes 4 servings
Start to Finish: 1 hour 30 minutes
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 garlic cloves
cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ cup marinara sauce
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2.In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cauliflower with the garlic. Pulse until the mixture resembles a fine meal, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the shredded mozzarella, Parmesan and eggs, and mix to combine. Stir in the herbs, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Press the cauliflower mixture into a ½-inch-thick circle on the prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake the crust until it’s crisp and golden around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove the crust from the oven.
Spread the marinara on
top of the crust
. Arrange the mozzarella slices evenly over the sauce. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes more.
7. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes before slicing.Garnish with basil just before serving.
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)