Crispy Oven "Fried" Chicken
Now that families everywhere are getting back into a dinner routine, gather them around the table with this better-for-you version of "fried" chicken. No deep-fat fryer required.
Author: Meal Makeover Moms
Recipe type: Dinner
- Four 4-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium Old Bay Seasoning
- ¼ cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 generous cups cornflakes, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray a cooling rack generously with nonstick cooking spray and place in the prepared sheet.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Season generously with kosher salt and pepper and set aside. Prepare the breading by placing the flour, flaxseed, and Old Bay in a wide bowl or on a plate, and mix together with a fork.
- Place the milk, lemon juice, and mustard in a second wide bowl and whisk together until well combined. Place the cornflakes in a third wide bowl or plate.
- Dredge each chicken piece in the flour mixture until well coated; tap off excess flour. Coat each floured chicken piece in the milk mixture and then roll in the cornflake crumbs until very well coated.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the rack and place in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes, lower the heat to 350°F and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating is crispy. (Adjust cook time accordingly if chicken breast halves are greater than 4 ounces each.)
You'll get 40% iron per chicken piece.
Serving size: (1 piece), Calories: 230, Fat: 3.5g, Saturated fat: 1g,Carbohydrates: 24g, Sodium: 340mg, Fiber: 1g, Protein: 26g
Taken from http://mealmakeovermoms.com/