Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's day to me

I usually try not to be selfish at all, but that said my kids usually have been more attune to me on Mother's Day. Today I felt really nonexistent. My youngest felt that sleeping at a friend's house last night was my present and he did text me Happy Mother's Day at midnight which made me feel great. And my hubby did take me bowling and to dinner tonight, but the kids were almost nonexistent. The oldest never wished me anything and the youngest has wanted to be somewhere else when his friends weren't there. When did I become a burden to them? I try so hard to be the best mom they can have and give them everything they want. I  chaperone as many events as I can, and am at every game/competition they have. But yet, I don't feel like they appreciate me... am I just being selfish?

I'm sorry, I usually try to be much more positive but today hit me like a brick and I also want to keep it real. This is how I feel tonight :(

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing mother, Pam. I'm sorry your day wasn't what you hoped it would be. I don't think that it was intentional in any way. It might be that they're seeking more of their independence and it just came out in a way that unintentionally hurt you. Love you lots and hope you've had a great week since this happened. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lady! I guess I made them feel guilty because within 10 minutes, I had a homemade card from H and a beautiful hand drawn pokemon picture from R. I'm sure I kind of overreacted... sometimes I'm a little overemotional LOL

      Delete