Friday, March 16, 2012

Awesome day

So now that my kids are older, I think I want to be a stay at home mom. I took the day off so that I could participate in my youngest son's field day which didn't start until 12:30. It made for an awesome day. I got up in time to get both my boys to school, and then went for a 4.25 mile run. I then ate breakfast, bathed the dogs, cleaned some of the house, did some laundry, and headed to the school for field day.

I was tasked with the ostrich egg toss. For those who don't know, it's a race where you carry an egg on a wooden spoon, except this one was a very large egg. It was so much fun to watch the kids try to balance the egg on the spoon as the raced to the finish line. 2 hours and many classes later, it was time to watch the tug of war event. Hunter's team ended up in second.

My day didn't end with field day. I had to bring paperwork to my oldest and then do some grocery shopping. I was home a little after my youngest came home from school, and since I was home he was able to let his friend come inside to play video games. Oh, and I also did 2 loads of laundry. If I did this every day, I would be so productive, but since I work, I'm to tired to do anything after work.

Unfortunately, this is only a dream, we can't afford for me to stay home, and I think I would feel guilty if I put all the financial burden on my husband. But it's a dream - funny I didn't have this dream when the boys were little.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be nice to stay at home and get everything done that needed to be done during the day & be available to go to kids things at school whenever? I dream of this too....but it's not a reality for us either. My husband is self-employed and health insurance is through me. It is fantastic you had the day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work from home and I swear there are days when I got more done when I worked 8-5 and only had nights and weekends to clean the house, do laundry, etc. I hope there comes a time when you are able to work from home or stay home.

    ReplyDelete