Wednesday, September 21, 2011

It's been a while

So, it's been a little while since I last blogged. That was my thought earlier today, and I was wondering why? Have I been too busy? Not really. Do I have nothing to say? More like it. Things are going good, so 1) I have no conflicts to write about and 2) I don't want to jinx myself. But, the more I thought about it, I need to blog my easy times, as well as my hard times. My youngest is having mostly good days, still a few really rough ones, though. I have been great at keeping on my training plan. I do not want to have a repeat of my last 1/2 marathon - I felt like I was dying
.
I don't run to kill myself, I run because I enjoy it. I am not competitive enough to kill myself to win. I run to de-stress, and I race to keep myself reaching for a goal. My next 1/2 is the weekend after Thanksgiving, and already my monthly mileage is almost twice the amount of my training mileage for my last 1/2. It wasn't that the training plan didn't call for more mileage, it was more that I didn't have enough confidence in myself to do it, so I was okay with quitting, and not completing the mileage scheduled. This time I am determined - not to win or even place in my 1/2, but to feel good doing it, and if I PR then that's another plus. I feel ready, I am excited to do this 1/2.

But, I have done something to scare myself. I have committed to my sister in law, and best friend, Kerri that I will do my first marathon in 2013. I have picked the Disney marathon, because 1) I think it will be fun, with less expectations to do extremely well, and 2) I'm cheap, and I wouldn't do any Disney 1/2 marathons because they cost the same as the marathon. If I'm going to spend that much money, I am definitely going to get my monies worth. But back to, I'm scared. But, I'm no more scared than when I committed to do the 1/2. So, yes, I know I can overcome and do it, but will I continue to be scared throughout. Hell yes I will. Until I do it once, I won't be sure I can do it.

This weekend also marks a first for me on races. I will be running the Miracle Miles 15k. While I know for sure I can run 9 miles (did it in my training plan last weekend), it will be my first 15k. Because I have actually run the mileage, I am not nervous, yet, but more excited because this race is benefiting something I really believe in - children. This race benefits the Winnie Palmer Hospital, which is a women and children's hospital. I am actually more excited, than nervous, to run this race. I think I am at the point now where I know I won't place at races (I did at my first 5k and it was so cool), and I'm okay with that - not that I wouldn't love to place - I'm just too slow :)

So, I will continue training, and hopefully stay as motivated as I have been. And I hope that my next few racing experiences will be awesome, no matter where I come in. Like I said, life has been good, so there is no drama to talk about. Yup, my life is boring right now, but you know what, I really like it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment