Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Trail running

For as long as I have been running, I've always enjoyed running trails. They are definitely a lot harder than running on the road, but the sights you see are just so amazing. Trails are very tranquil, allowing me to really relax while I'm running. I'm sure I've mentioned that running is my sanity, it's my way to figure things out in my head and then just lose myself for a little while. Well trails add to that, there are very few distractions so it really allows myself to get lost in my head and just run. Here are just a few images from a trail that I run quite often.... how could you not want to run through that?






Well that love of trail running has opened my eyes to a new category of races that I really didn't know a lot about and honestly didn't think that I would ever be able be capable of running.... ultra running. I have quite a few friends that have been delving into this sport, and are starting to talk me into doing them., so much so, that I have signed up for my first a 6 hr trail race in August and a 30K trail race in October. While I know that these distances really don't qualify me as an ultra runner, they are a stepping stone and I'm looking into 50ks for next year.

Who else loves ultra running? Any advice for a newbie like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment