Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Running, Loving, Living 34th Birthday/1st Blogiversary 3.5 Mile Virtual Run Race Recap

So anyone who knows me, knows I absolutely love virtual races. I don't know why, other than I don't have to get up early in the morning and go somewhere to run, but I still have the "thrill" of a race with the possibility of winning prizes. So when I came across this virtual run today to celebrate Toni's birthday and 1st blogiversary, I knew I had to jump on it. I was already running tonight anyways, so why not make it on honor of her birthday and blogiversary.

I have been sick all week, so I figured this would be a hard, slow run and I warned my son that we would probably be walking quite a bit. We set off at a comfortable pace, the two of us and the dogs. My younger son decided he did not want to ride his bike with us today. We decided to do our normal route because it has a few hills, and it goes by the lake. We kept at the same pace and got around the lake, and to the big hill. This hill is big for Florida standards, so we ended up walking most of it, which was still hard.

After we were about 2/3rds through our route, my son said to me, "mom, I thought you said you were going to go slow this  run, it feels like this is our fastest." I thought, really, it didn't feel too bad. We hit 3.5 just as we ran up to the door - 37:30, 10:43 minute pace. While definitely not a PR, it was a quick run for us. Kid happy, dogs happy, and I'm happy. Got to love family runs. Thanks, Toni for allowing us to share your birthday and blogiversary!!

1 comment: