Saturday, December 31, 2011


I hope that everyone enjoyed their Christmas. I know I did, even though it derailed my exercise plans a bit. Work gave us off Friday and Monday for the holiday, but me, glutton for punishment, picked up overtime shifts for those days. But, I'm not complaining, because when I get some OT, it's dispatching and I enjoy it. I would do it full time but I can't stand shift work. And the extra money isn't bad, either. Pays for some race entries :)

Christmas Eve was awesome. I spent most of the day relaxing, and went to my sister in law's house in the early afternoon. I should've got my butt up and went for a run, but honestly I just didn't feel like it. My body was tired and wanted to rest. We decided to let the boys open one gift from the grammy and poppy (my parents) early, and they loved them. Hunter got a lego set he wanted, and Ryan got packets of seaweed. Seawood, really? But he said that he had asked my father for it, and it's something that my dad would get for him. Imagine my surprise when my hubby had my oldest bring out a gift for me. My husband had purchased me the camera that I was trying to save money to purchase. I couldn't believe it, I was so excited!!!!!! He couldn't have purchased a better gift, and he let me open it early so I could use it during the holiday.

The time at my sister in law's was wonderful, we had awesome food, and time with family. It was truly what Christmas was meant to be. The kids got to open the aunt/uncle gifts which always consists of books, and they seemed to enjoy what books were picked out for them. It truly was an unstressful, happy event. I also got plenty of time to enjoy taking pictures with my new camera. My youngest son decided to be very challenging at night time. He was very excited for Santa to come and couldn't fall asleep. Finally about 12:30 he seemed to be asleep and Santa was able to come, but escaped barely before my son's door opened. He checked out every present before waking me up to come see what Santa had left. While I was admiring the gifts, Hunter decided to make sure that the reindeer ate the food on the lawn, and scared a baby raccoon that was drinking out of our pond. We rarely see raccoons where we are, so this was a very amazing sight.

Finally, we all fell asleep, only for me to wake up around 7:30. The boys slept in, though, so there was some nice quiet time with my hubby before the Christmas madness began. Everyone seemed to love the presents that they got, and they played until it was time to go to Grandma's house. Time for more presents, great food and awesome company. While the adults relaxed, and enjoyed each other's company, the kids played and swam. Yes, swimming on Christmas Day - got to love Florida weather. I got some great pool shots with my camera.

I was blessed to have a wonderful Christmas, but I miss the rest of my family, especially my mom and dad, during holidays the most. I hope that some day soon I will be able to spend Christmas with them again. I hope everyone had as great of a Christmas as I did.

1 comment:

  1. just wanted to stop by and say hi and I hope the food journal is going well! no kiddos around here for christmas and boy does that change things, far less excitement