Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Tomoka 1/2 Marathon Race Recap


A couple weeks ago I had raced the Tomoka 1/2 Marathon. I have to say it was one of the most organized races I have ever run. There were officers at every intersection, water stations every 1 1/2 miles to 2 miles and they were always full, it started right on time, and the after race was full of food and beer even for slower runners like me. I was extremely pleased with the event and will run it again.



Enough about the awesome organizers, now onto how I ran :) So much better than I thought I would. I had been really slacking with my training for about a month before the race, so I was only hoping to run it just under 2:45. I ran it with a couple friends that were faster than me, so it helped me start out faster than I'm used to. Then even though I started a few minutes behind the 2:30 pacer, I could see their sign for almost the entire race, which pushed me to stay with them. It excited me to see that I was running around that pace. For the last few miles, I started to really crash, so I know I started out a little to fast for me, but I finished strong and finished in 2:31:13. That was only 2 minutes slower than my PR. I am stoked with that time, and it is pushing me to finish even better during my next 1/2 in October!!!

We went down the night before and stayed overnight, so I wanted to share some of the pictures of our walk on a dock, and then on the beach. Ormond Beach is absolutely beautiful!









I definitely recommend all my local friends put this race on the calendar. If you register early, it's very inexpensive and definitely worth it!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment