Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

Ok, I'm jumping on the band wagon and posting about what I am thankful for. This year I feel like I have been so blessed, and I don't think I could even list all that I am thankful for. So I am just going to name a few of the major things that I am thankful for.

The number one thing of course is my family. They are extremely supportive of me and my endeavors. My husband and I have been married for 15 years, and while it's not always fun and games, I am proud to call this wonderful man my hubby. While he may not always express in words his support and patience for my running, and the many years I have spent hitting the books to get my college degree, he does show it in his actions, and for that I am extremely grateful. I am blessed with 2 wonderful boys, also - they are definitely challenging to say the least, but life in my house is definitely not boring. They also share my love of running, and it's great to listen to them brag about how great their race was. I, also have the best parents in the world. I'm sure raising me wasn't the easiest thing they have ever done, but they must have done something right, because I think I turned out to be a pretty decent human being, with a good head on her shoulders. I have been lucky enough to have another set of parents, and 2 wonderful sister in laws. My husband's family welcomed me with open arms when we started dating and throughout the years they have treated me as if I am another daughter, not just their son's wife.

Health is another thing that I am very thankful for. I feel very lucky that I am physically able to do what I enjoy, run! So I have brought my health to the top of my priority list, and have been researching ways to ensure that I continue to stay healthy. Recently I have started eating more healthy, and making sure I stay motivated to run and XT. This is not an easy feat. A few weeks ago, I started seeing a chiropractor/holistic doctor just to enhance my wellness. Come to find out, I have arthritis in my neck. Luckily, my chiropractor says that I have come to her just at the right time, and she can stop the degeneration. I am thankful that I decided to see her, because I would hate to see what would happen if I left it untreated. There are many people who haven't been blessed with good health, and in honor of them, I am going to make sure I stay healthy!

Believe it or not, I am thankful for my job. Even though some days its monotonous, and other days I feel overwhelmed, I am thankful that in this economy, I still have a job. Many people have been laid off, and can not feed their families, let alone meet their monthly bills. I am lucky to have a good job, where I feel secure and wonderful coworkers and bosses. Even though I don't always let them know, I am appreciative of their support and friendship. We are definitely a family here and have our good and bad days, but the good days make everything worthwhile.

I have one last thing, I am extremely grateful for. I am thankful that I just turned in my last project for school, and within the next few weeks will be graduating with my Bachelors Degree in Public Safety Administration. It has been a long, hard road, but the end result is so amazing. After 21 years of on and off schooling, I am finally a college graduate, and should be graduating cum laude. With my schooling finally done, I can concentrate on spending more time on my hobbies.

I hope I didn't bore you too much, and I hope that over the next few days you all will take a moment to reflect upon what you are thankful for in your life. Hopefully your lives are as blessed as mine.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on finishing up with school!! I am sure that feels amazing!!! It's been so long all I can remember is wishing I were back in college prior to any responsibility :)

    ReplyDelete